Thursday, May 21, 2020

Zoom Teaching for Grandsons, Day 27 Report - May 19, 2020


I put "sun" and "I Love You Teacher"on my hair today!

1. Wesley knows the word "sun","I Love You Teacher" he wants to do more phonic.
2. We did 4 seasons-spring, summer, fall, winter!
3. We practice shape words - circle, star, square, triangle, rectangle- we need to practice- diamond,oval, and rectangle- stop sign(octagon 8-sided shape)
4.  He reads "Peter Rabbit" story by himself! I decided to use YouTube version to make it fun! He watched with me
5. We watch "fire truck" special, You Rock- Zippity Police car
6. Watch "airport diary" song in video
7. He shows off his 'Boat LEGO."
8. He said, "I do not want to watch Four season story!"
------
Forest Report:

1. He shares with me his favorite "cat" & "pumpkin" stuffed toys made from grand aunt in Taiwan!
2. He explains to me what "polygon" is! Circle and oval shapes are not polygon! He said polygon is at least 3 sides shapes! We just continue from Wesley's shape lesson! Wesley said stop sign is a "pentagon", Forest corrected with "octagon!"
3. I promised him with a mystery of book yesterday! We had "Loch Ness" mystery film (5 minutes).
4. He explains to me about the sea monsters - plesiosaur & mosasaurs! He reads to me from one of his books about "sea monsters."
5. Math addition practice- the answers are "loch" & "ness." He is much more confident about lined-up each digit now! We have not practiced carry over to 10th digit for a while! I do not want to frustrate him! Have you or Hans showed him face-to-face about this yet? Please let me know before l can continue to make a leap to that step! Thanks!
6. We learn how to draw "Loch Ness" from YouTube!
Tomorrow, he wants me share with him "ghost ships!"
It's a joy to teach both of them! Wesley is a lot harder to introduce my prepared lesson plans! I have to improvise to make something up on the spot; otherwise, he will always complains about "sleepy!" I guess l need to try harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment