Thursday, June 11, 2015

Our College Reunion – Day 4, 4/9/15 - Relax and Chill Out at the Club


Our College Reunion – Day 4 (4/9/15)
Relax and Chill Out at My Sports and Health Club
This has been the way I spend part of my retirement life since I came back from California in June 2014, as a grandmother – water aerobic, Zumba toning, yoga, and Pilate classes.  On-line English teaching and tutoring at Literacy Council fill up the other parts of the weekly schedule.  It’s fulfilling and meaningful and I found it a very rewarding experience.
LJ, and Shinyee joined me for water exercise while Hsia-Hwei decided to soak up in the Jacuzzi where we had the hot tub party without Red Wine – just kidding!
We went to Dutch Market to stock up our food supply for the up coming trip to Hilton Head Island on Saturday.  Remember the stern reply “No!” when we asked the Amish guy at the roadside bakery stand on 10/13/12 at Lancaster County, PA?  Yes, we learn now that taking the photos of Amish folks is prohibited according to their culture.
My Refuge
On our way there, I took them to revisit the Seneca Creek State Park, located on Clopper Rd. – Rt 117.  This park is one of my favorite places to enjoy the natural beauty around the lake.  It’s a wonderful beauty presented in four different seasons.  Jen-Jen, my best friend, the retired Air Force Registered Nurse, took me here to find the peace of mind before my lucky day, April 2, 2013 – thoracic lung suction at Johns Hopkins Hospital.  This place is also very special because John Denver found the inspiration for his famous song “Take me Home, Country Road” in 1970.  That sounds like our song back in the days under the campus Banyan tree.
I sometimes drove by here all to myself just to find the solitude and stillness and John Denver’s songs and the lyrics would always pop up in my head.
See Jen-Jen and I were here with her two Alaskan huskies – Isabelle and Mila.  It was a freezing, sunny day after the snowstorm on 2/27/2015.  The lake was all frozen up with the big sheet of ice.
Crab Feast at Home
LJ was cleaning the Maryland famous Blue Crabs
What a scrumptious dinner! It’s simple and delightful with red wine.  Shinyee’s homemade ginger sauce is the Texas’s most secret and the finest collection ever.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment