Monday, June 8, 2015

Our College Reunion - Day 1, 4/6/15 - It Seems Like Only Yesterday


Our college Reunion - (Day 1, 4/6/15)

It seems like only yesterday!
Shinyee and Janice - 1970 - Under the Banyan Tree
Hsia-Hwei and Janice - 1971 - Graduation Day
Shinyee, LJ and Janice - 2006 - NCKU World Class Reunion in Tainan
I have been waiting with great anticipation for this college reunion since I sent out the invitation in 2014.  Finally, they are all here at IAD with different arrival schedules - LJ and Hsia-Hwei 6:45 p.m. all the way crossing the Pacific Ocean from JiaYi and Taipei, Taiwan and Shinyee 4:20 p.m. from Houston, Texas. 


My, oh my, how time flies!

Since our last reunion in 2012 (10/4/12 – 10/19/12), my life has changed in ways I could never have foreseen.  The most significant was my retirement announcement on 1/1/2014 after becoming the grandmother on 9/4/2013.  It all came as a surprise to everyone including me.  I am sure all of us have a lot to catch up after three years, let alone bidding our fond farewell to our college classmates from National Cheng Kung University 44 years ago.

Luckily, we are still physically fit.  Look, I heard both LJ and Hsia-Hwei took business class flight and came out IAD on the wheelchairs.  Their sheepish grins on the face could not hide the guilt-ridden feeling behind.  Unbelievable!  They both claimed, “It sure was a comfortable ride.”  They are forgiven, though, due to short and long term issues with unfortunate accidents before leaving Taiwan.  

Unpacking Fun!

This is not NCKU’s 12th Girls’ Dorm Room where we used to room in - 男生止步 (forbidden area for male students.)  It’s my son, Eric’s bedroom, 44 years later.  Permission? Granted!


No comments:

Post a Comment