Monday, May 11, 2015

Two Writing Samples from an Inspiring Nursing Major Student in College



#1 - Contribution - Sharing My Life After High School With the Juniors
Dear grandaunt:
I was having my midterm last week, and the test finally finished on Friday.  I think I will get good grades since I really made efforts on my exam.  To be honest, I do care a lot of my score most of the time, I always make a goal for myself and I will do my best to reach it, however, sometimes I don’t like my friends to compare with me.  I know that comparing with others may sometimes make ones be better, but it does not make me feel comfortable to compare with friends, especially if I did better than my friend and she became unhappy. 
By the way, I went back to Wesley Girls'  High School yesterday after my exam.  I talked with my teachers and have a very wonderful time.  I miss the time when I was in Wesley for the past three years.  I used to tell my mom that if I have a daughter in the future, I might want her to study in Wesley.  I love my teacher so much and I also really appreciate her a lot.  My teacher not only gave me knowledge from text books, she also taught us lots of her thoughts on life.  We all call our teacher Judith.  One year ago Judith was our teacher, and now she is our friend.
Though I probably will become a nurse, I still hope that I can do something for Wesley.  Thus, I wish one day I can be a school nurse or have a speech in Wesley.
Love,
Eunice
#2 - Spring Picnic With My College Friends 

 April is here.  It’s spring!  But, it feels like summer today.

My monthly period came this morning, no wonder that I was so tired yesterday.  However, I have promised my high school friends to have a picnic this afternoon.  We have missed each other so much since we bid our farewell at the graduation.  Though I felt a little uncomfortable, I still looked forward to seeing my friends.

  Nothing was better than spending the lovely weather under a shady tree with the best friends.  We chose a big tree to sit under and started to picnic.  This is our second time to picnic.  I remember that we forgot to bring a blanket last time.  We did this time a big rectangle bed sheet we brought.  We have four people today, one brought salad from Costco, one brought cookies and candies from the market, one brought soda and juice from Seven-Eleven, and I brought fruits from my home.  I love picnic so much, because it does not need to spend too much money, and it is fun.

 I feel that my friends in Wesley are a little different from all my college friends.  We used to live together in the dorm.  We tend to encourage each other while we were sad or disappointed about the school life or everything.  The most precious is we would not hide our secrets at all.  I also live harmoniously and amiably with my college friends, but, something is definitely missing.  I hope my relationship with my college friends will eventually develop as time goes.  I am very sure it will grow into the same deep bondings as my high school friends.

Love,
Eunice

No comments:

Post a Comment