Monday, May 25, 2015

Writing Sample - My Student's Sincere Appreciation to All the People Around Her


Dear grandaunt:

            I went to see the orthodontist this morning, and she took off my braces.  I remember that when I put on the braces at the beginning, it hurt so much that I could hardly eat anything.  I even could not experience the adjustment to it at first.  However, after wearing the braces for three years, I have already been used to it.  I thought that wearing the braces was cute and I was even proud of it.  Sometimes we are very self-centered without knowing who are the one that make me proud.  It's my parents that I have to thank for.  Now, I need to get used to my mouth again- with no braces on it.

            By the way, we went to see the cadaver at the lab on Wednesday during our anatomy class.  I thought that I would probably be terrified at the beginning, but when I saw the cadaver, I found that instead of being afraid, I felt full of respect for them.  We called those dead bodies “Cadaver Teachers" because they donated their body after they passed away.  They provided so many students with the opportunity to have an understanding of human bodies.  The experience builds more than learning the professional knowledge.  It’s the personal relationship involved in caring for patients.  Their bodies can save more lives.  Those “Cadaver Teachers" are very great and benevolent.  We should appreciate them and grasp the chance to learn from them, since not everybody has a chance like us.

            I have to give thanks and look like I’m the grateful student getting help from these “Benevolent Teachers."

Love,
Eunice

No comments:

Post a Comment