Friday, August 1, 2014

My retirement life so far - July 2014


So, here I am!  My retirement life so far!

1. On-line Skype English Teaching 8-10 hours - Saturday, Sunday and Monday - 6 students in Taiwan – two high school seniors, three college students – two undergraduates and one graduate school, two 65 year-old classmates – one in Taiwan and one in America.

2. ESL teaching with Literacy Council Montgomery County - 1 student (61-year old) 2 hours a week - it's a requirement - no more, no less.  The materials provided are quite rigid. Remember the Laubach Way to teach English I visited in Camarillo Library?  Ventura County Literacy Program in CA could not match me up with the students due to my limited and inflexible schedules then - Now, I do. - Love every minute of it.

3. Private Sport/Health club - aqua exercise, swimming, steaming sauna, hot whirl pool, yoga, Zumba fitness dancing, racquetball and others - all fit into the daily schedule with my physical capacity.   to engage the appropriate activity.  I watch myself for certain activities to make sure I can fully engage the appropriate activity.  It's enjoyable.  Finally, I was okayed from my physical doctor last week, no more twice a week physical therapy.  What a relief!  I am in healing stage now - physically and emotionally!


4. I make time for the little things in life – like planting the flowers that Ben, my husband was reluctant to do this year, catching up the old movies – two Peter Fonda's and a few old western movies so far, hanging out and enjoying a long lunch break with tennis group without worrying about late for afternoon work.


My goal is to pick up the tennis racket and hit the court with my tennis pals in September!

Keep in touch!  See you all soon - sometimes and somewhere in the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment